Homemade hot chocolate is certainly my favorite cold weather drink or should I say my favorite drink in almost any climate, even if it’s not cold. I hate coffee and other drinks like apple cider, eggnog and tea. I usually get my hot chocolate from coffee shops, restaurants, Starbucks, at orchards or at a hockey game and I also use mixes like Land o’ Lakes Supreme at home. However, I don’t like paying my hard earned money for it at some fancy restaurants and coffee shops. And I also don’t like the hot chocolate packs at the store, which taste like watered down hot chocolate. So gladly, my mother shared her very easy recipe with me of her own homemade hot chocolate. It is the tastiest hot chocolate I have ever had. It is creamy, thick and so chocolaty. Excellent for topping with marshmallows, whipped cream and as holiday treats as well. Now, I can have my own homemade hot chocolate mixture throughout any season.
The recipe is so simple and all you need to do is just to mix the ingredients together, which makes a delicious hot chocolate. The powdered dry milk is the one responsible for the sweet dairy flavor, which will be enhanced more if added with additional warm milk. The confectioners’ or the powdered sugar thickens the hot chocolate since it dissolves very quickly. And thanks to the white chocolate that amps up the chocolate flavor and giving it a creamy texture. It would be superb to pack it in jars or festive baggies to give as fun teacher gift, hostess gift, Christmas gift or for anyone else you would want to give it as a gift. Just don’t forget to include the mixing instructions. So, whether you will have it all for yourself or have it as a gift, this homemade hot chocolate is certainly a magnificent delight for whoever gets to taste it.
Homemade Hot Chocolate Recipe
- Makes an average of twenty servings.
- Approximately ten minutes preparation time.
Homemade Hot Chocolate Ingredients:
- Three cups of non fat powdered dry milk
- Two cups confectioners’ or powdered sugar
- One and one half cups cocoa powder (the regular one is okay but I suggest the Dutch processed)
- One and one half cups chopped white chocolate or chocolate chips
- One fourth teaspoon iodized salt
Directions for the Dried Mix
- Whisk all the ingredients together in a very large bowl. Have it in two batches, place all the ingredients in a food processor until it is finely ground.
- Store it in a zip top bag or in an air tight container and place it in your freezer or pantry.
- The chocolate mix should stay good for a long time or at least three months.
Directions for the Hot Chocolate Drink
- To make the hot chocolate drink, just put one third cup of the mixture in a glass or mug, stir it with one cup of hot water or one cup of warm milk depending on your preference.
- Top with cinnamon, caramel, chocolate chips, mini marshmallows or whipped cream or any other toppings.
And this is the way i prepare the best homemade hot chocolate!
Incoming search terms:
- هوت شوكليت